Like the ever-watchful eagle, FNCP is constantly on the lookout for attractive investment opportunities.
We are currently investing from Fund II and primarily fund our acquisitions with equity.
What will FNCP invest in?
We have a strong track record partnering with owner/operators looking for a majority partner and a path forward to full transition from their business.
The following are the criteria the Fund intends to follow in making its investments:
- –Small, profitable, mundane or “run-of-the-mill” businesses that are easily understood
- –TTM EBITDA of $1.5mm-$3.5mm with our “sweet spot” being in the $2mm-$2.5mm range
- –Only deals that are “reasonably priced” in line with FNCP’s own valuation
- –Ones that have a proven management team in place or coming with the deal
- –Deals where the present owner/managers will reinvest along-side us are preferred
- –Proximity to our (or our Partners’) home base of operations especially CA, the NW and SW
- –Companies and industries that have significant growth potential
- –Proprietary deals that FNCP (or its partners) has (have) mined or sourced
- –“Niche” businesses with a stable (non-cyclical) history of earnings
- –Preferably something where there exists inordinate opportunities to add value
- –Situations where ‘control’ is available in order to capitalize on our minority/Native ownership
- –Where audited, reviewed or compiled statements are available is a definite plus
What will FNCP not invest in?
- –High-priced companies or auction-type situations
- –Start-ups, early-stage or prospective turnaround deals
- –Those businesses subject to product or service obsolescence
- –Speculative or inordinately high-risk situations
- –Finance, Real Estate, Oil and Gas, Films, or Gaming (except suppliers)
- –Anything potentially embarrassing to the Fund or its investors
- –Deals where the owner(s) are looking to “cash out” completely (100%)
To date we have invested in several specialty manufacturing companies which is what we tend to favor. Our last four control investments have ranged from $5mm-$6.5mm of our own capital but we can do deals up to $20 million depending on structure and/or participation by others.
For any questions, please feel free to contact one of the following fund managers:
JOHN H. UPSHUR, CPA, MBA
FNCP I & II, LLCs
5850 CANOGA AVE., 4TH FL.
WOODLAND HILLS, CA 91367
CELL – (310) 721-7310
E-MAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org